Wednesday, January 19, 2005

kids

I was having the most interesting conversation with a four year old the other day. She decided that I was going to be the kid and she was going to be the babysitter. We were going to switch clothes and shoes. We had quite the good laugh picturing me in her tiny little clothes and her in my bigger ones. I was going to watch TV while she folded the laundry and of course she was going to drive the van. I had quite the time convincing her that there was no way she was going to drive the van. Finally I told her that her legs wouldn't reach the peddals so it wouldn't work. She agreed. It was really cute. It got me thinking about what it would be like to go back to being a little kid. In some ways it would be great. Not a whole lot to worry about....don't have to work for a living, and absolutely no responsibilities. But I don't think I would enjoy it for long. I kinda like making my own decisions and having all the freedom that comes with that. Sure being a kid was great but I wouldn't want to go back....at least not permanently.

2 comments:

Erin said...

It's always nice to think back....I've found myself thinking forward; wanting to get school over with so I can go straight to have a job a house someone to live with, family to go see on sunday nights for dinner. It will all come in time so we have to enjoy what we have right this moment.

Melody said...

hi erin, thanks for the comment. but i'm wondering who you are?