Saturday, May 28, 2005

home

I was at the Delirious concert last week and they were showing this power point during one of the songs. In it, there was a little guy climbing up the side of a mountain. When he first set out he was walking strong, upright on two feet...nothing was going to stop him. About half way up he got so exhausted he had to start crawling...moving slower and slower. By the time he got close to the top he was crawling so slowly he could hardly move at all. I'm pretty sure he wanted to give up, but didn't because he knew that the end result would be worth it. Well, he finally made it to the mountain top. He slowly stood up and stretched his arms out, "I made it! At last."
This reminded me a lot of just life in general. Sometimes it can seem too difficult...even impossible, but it's worth it. I mean, look at our end result. We get to spend eternity in heaven with Jesus.
I often get this picture in my head of what will happen when I get to heaven. Jesus is there waiting for me. He is kneeling down with his arms spread wide, just waiting for me to run to him. At first I am a bit hesitant, not knowning what he will say when I get there. What if he's not pleased with the way I lived my life? But as I get closer, my pace quickens and pretty soon I am running...straight into his arms. He welcomes me, "well done, Melody, well done." I feel the most wonderful feeling wash over and I know that I am finally home.

2 comments:

Miss-buggy said...

His arms stretched wide for His child to run into them. What an awesome visual.
He is 100% pleased with us. Hard to imagine sometimes hey?

Shannon George said...

that's just awesome mel... what a wonderful vision of heaven... that's so cool... love you shannon