Tuesday, June 20, 2006

crash

I went out to dinner with some old high school friends this evening. The one guy asked me if I had gotten into lots of car accidents in the years since I had last seen him. I just started laughing. After giving them a complete rundown of my accidents (which involve almost every vehicle I have ever driven) I told them that my boyfriend said he would let me drive his car. They started laughing and asked if he was crazy. My parent's said the same thing...and my siblings. While I was explaining all these accidents to my friends I was thinking how funny it would be to write them all on my blog.

So this guy that I was talking to this evening wasn't a really good friend in highschool but we played in band together. I had just gotten my liscence and our jazz band had a thing in Chilliwack. I borrowed my parent's van, piled a bunch of my friends in it, and took off. On the way there I got so lost and we were going to be late. I was driving a bit fast and took a corner too sharp...and well to make a long story short I ended up in the ditch. I had to really gun it to get the van out of the ditch and back up on the road. A different time I was dropping this same friend off at home and I ran into his neighbours fence. He just told me tonight that he ended up having to fix the fence. Wups. hee hee. In this same van I ran over many curbs and sidewalks and maybe some things I don't remember.

After we sold the van my family bought a sundace. It was really slow but it was mine to drive. I guess my parent's thought that if I had a car with no guts I wouldn't get into any accidents. They were wrong. I was on my way home from the ferry terminal with Aaron, Shannon, and my cousin Sarah when I rear ended a car. My car ended up with more damage than their's so I guess that was lucky. That same car is the one that I had to recently junk because I forgot to fill it with fluids.

When I worked in Poco I used to take John's car to work. They had an underground parking lot where I would park. One day I was backing out after work and I didn't realize there was a huge cement pole right next to the car. SMASH!!!! There went the driver's side mirror and with it a huge dent in the driver's door. Oh I felt so bad.

Then there was my parent's station wagon. I was in the junction and as I was backing out of my parking spot (and not watching where I was going) I hit a truck that was going past.

In my little red car I hit a cement pole at the gas station. Luckily no damage came from that. I also got into a real accident with this car but...I know it's amazing...it wasn't my fault.

And so this is why my entire family and every single one of my friends think that Jimmy should never let me drive his car. I back myself up by saying that it was been over three years since I've been in an accident that was my fault. Also, I have been driving my parent's new car and my brother's car for quite some time and I have not crashed with either one of them. Maybe it was just a phase...a very long phase...

3 comments:

Susy said...

I didn't know you got in an accident that's wasn't your fault with the orange beast

Neil said...

And I wonder why I pay such high insurance premiums and then I read this. I'm starting a "keep Mell off the road" petition right here right now. Anyone else want to sign it?

Melody said...

hey!!!! it's been over three years