Saturday, August 05, 2006

I've been working at the Agrifair for the past few days. Mostly I've been the parking cashier but today I got to be a gate cashier for a little while. The first two days were relatively slow and we had lots of down time. Today I was working with Jim (Jimmy's dad) and we were soooo busy. I was on my feet for most of the day and it was soooo hot. It was pretty fun though. There were quite a few cars that came in telling us that they had to pick up their vehicle from the night before. Haha. Too drunk to drive. The amount of people who complain about the price is just crazy!!! Then there was the odd one who surprised us. There was one lady that came in today and when I told her how much it cost she just said "wow that's a pretty good deal." I just looked at her, kind of dropped my jaw, and told her she was the first person to say that all day. She just laughed and said she was from Vancouver. Jim and I were supposed to be off at 3:00 but the people that were supposed to take our shifts didn't show up. Jim ended up getting off at 4:00 and me at 5:00. It was alright though. As soon as I got some water I was fine. I went and sat with Jimmy while I waited for my dad. He had a great spot (except he didn't have anyone to talk to) There was a chair he could sit in which he put in the shade and he only had to get up once in a while to talk with people in cars. I liked being so busy but I have to admit that shade made me a bit jealous :) I saw Rose too (Jimmy's mom) I guess they wanted to make it a family day!! It was a good day though. I'm sore now (from the sun) and tired (from the sun) but I don't really mind too much. And I'm back at it tomorrow...and Monday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow!
I got pre-sale tickets so I dont have to wait at line-ups and they are $2 cheaper, but shelley forgot to pick them up so we have to wait in line now anyway >.>

Neil said...

well wonder why no one came by and saw me at the Fat Pig. How come I wasn't part of the family day?

Melody said...

um...could we have gotten in??

RoseyBlog said...

Family is family and as far as I'm concerned Neil and you both are part of our family.
Glad you guys could make it on Saturday.
Love you people
Rosey

Melody said...

:)

Susy said...

i wish more people would realize that 4 dollars is cheap... it's $16 in vancouver