Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Patience

When my brother and I were younger my parents bought us these books that had tapes that went along with them. They were all about the fruits of the spirit (kindness, love, patience, etc.) If I remember correctly the tape would read the story and when we heard a ringing sound we knew it was time to turn the page. The first book I got from this series was one on patience. I listened to it a lot!! There was a song at the end of the tape and that song has been playing over and over in my head for the past couple of weeks.

Have patience, have patience,
Don't be in such a hurry.
When you get impatient
You only start to worry.
Remember, remember
That God is patient too.
And think of all the times
That others have to wait for you.

I just recently read another blog on patience and the song started up again...and this time it won't go away. I think sometimes God uses really strange ways to get my attention but a song rolling over and over in my head is a new one.

Alright God...I think I get it now...I'm listening...just please please make the song go away!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha I remember that song, it was funny because one time Shelley's x-bf was being impatient or something, and all 3 of us girls broke into that song simultaneously and sang it to him. He was a little freaked out, ... I guess spontaneous musicals do happen.

Melody said...

lol...that's so funny. i didn't think anyone else would know it...but i guess we grew up in a similar background

Susy said...

yea like when we have to wait for you too put your shoes on.

or like you having to be patient for me to quit :-) quit razing me :-)

Melody said...

sorry :) i only want you to quit because you hate the job...i like working for you...ooh it's weird saying FOR you

Sue said...

I remember that one, it had a turtle!