Wednesday, October 13, 2004

brokenness

I was just reading a bunch of blogs and there seemed to be a central theme running through many of them. Brokenness. I think God is trying to tell me something. Everyone has hard times. Everyone's heart breaks. And everyone feels helpless at times. Maybe it hasn't really happened to some people yet but don't worry.....it will. I'm in a sort of healing process right now. Maybe I'm not quite there actually. Maybe I'm still in the breaking process. It still hurts, I can't do anything about that. But what I can do something about is how I handle it. I can dig myself a deep hole and crawl into it or I can allow God to shape me into what he has had planned all along. I can hold onto God's hand and allow him to lead me through this with my head held high. I'm having a hard time convincing myself of this even as I am writing. I don't want to be hurt again and the easiest thing to do would be to crawl into that hole. I can't......I know that. But it is so hard.

3 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

good thots. mel - you understand the process, cool. on those days when its hard to crawl out of the hole - ask God for help, call a friend etc. it will help somewhat. God is the process of healing you - it takes time and it hurts. but you are processing it the way He wants. i love you.

MUD said...

yeah...it's kind of like surgery...you have to go through the pain sometimes to be healed

Susy said...

deep rob... so deep