Wednesday, October 06, 2004

wonder

Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive - it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything.
I was thinking the other day how fun it is to learn new things. I'm so glad God made the world so complicated and wonderful. I'm in school right now and learning all sorts of new stuff I had never really given any thought to before. Like do you know why food goes bad? I do! Do you know why people tend to listen to authority? I'm just getting into that right now and I can't wait to find out. I am planning on becoming a nurse....just think about what I will be able to do....and know. And learning isn't just what they print in text books. There is so much that God can teach me just by letting me be alive. He is the one after all, who made what is written in all those books. I can learn how to love and be free. I can learn how much God loves me. And he can teach me how to trust and forgive again.

3 comments:

MUD said...

I've worked in nursing for 30 years. When you said think of the things I will be doing sure brought a smile to my face.
I was going to share but other bloggers might not have the stomach for it.

Susan Kirchmayer said...

awesome post mel. life is such an adventure isn't it?

James Goudie said...

come on, share. don't leave me hanging. why does food go bad?