Sunday, October 17, 2004

screwing up

I don't know about you, but I hate being reminded of those many times where I have screwed up. I have this one friend in particular who just loves to remind me of such things. I guess it's not all bad. It keeps me humble. We get in these talks sometimes and very often I feel like screaming, "I know I screwed up, just leave me alone!!!!" But this friend also knows what I need the most and when I need it, even if I don't know myself. It's kinda creepy sometimes. The other day it was just a phone call asking how my thanksgiving was. But I really needed that phone call. I was having such a bad day and just knowing that someone out there cares how I'm doing enough to phone me cheered me up a bit. I don't know why God felt that I deserved such amazing friends but I'm sure glad he did. Yes, sometimes they tell me things I don't want to hear and it hurts, but very often it's what I need to hear the most.

1 comment:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

a friend loves at all times. its so cool to have friends who love us unconditionally - even when we screw up....