Friday, September 17, 2004

being silly

I was just reading a couple of blogs that have to do with being silly. It got me thinking that sometimes life gets to me in certain ways and it makes it really hard to be silly. The last couple of years life got too serious for me. It was hard to laugh and just be a silly kid. It still is hard because I'm not used to it anymore. I know I'm not a kid anymore but I don't think that means I can't act like one sometimes. Whenever it used to pour down rain my sister and I would run down to the end of the street in our bare feet acting like freaks the whole way. It was so much fun. We haven't done that in a long time but I think it's time to get back at it. I read somewhere that the older people get the fewer times a day they laugh. I think that's really sad. I guess, like me, life just gets too serious for them. I am a nanny and I look after five kids ranging in ages from 3 to 16. The youngest one usually can't stop laughing while the oldest one doesn't laugh more than a couple times a day. In this way, we need to get our youth back. We need to laugh more and maybe even cry more too. We need to be silly and do spontaneous things. We just need to be ourselves.

3 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

cool. let's get silly together. its more fun that way to share our silly moments.

Shannon George said...

can i join in on this parte..... we could use a little silly... heehee ..... wildly runnning out of room while pulling hair screaming... heeheeheehee

Melody said...

it's a date