Friday, September 10, 2004

thoughts

I was on my way to school the other day and a song came into my head that i haven't heard for many years. I know God sent it to me for a reason. Here it is:

In his time, In his time,
He makes all things beautiful
In his time
Lord, please show me everyday
As you're teaching me your way
That you do just what you say
In your time

And then I was reading susan's blog and I came upon something else that seemed to be speaking right to me. Here it is:

"...we learn, but also our roots drive firmer, deeper. I was just reading the other day, that in the old days, those who built great ships climbed to the tops of hills to choose a tree to be a mast, then they cut down all the trees around it, so the wind would blow full force against it. Then it's roots would have to drive down deep, so that it could stand tall in the wind. It also, standing alone, received full benefits unhindered, full sun, full rain, full nutrients from the ground. It grew taller and stronger than it would have normally, and because it was conditioned by the wind, it was fully prepared to hold the sail as it is filled with the wind in all it's glory..."

I had a friend call me an angel the other day, (actually, it changed to a grocery angel, but still an angel). It kept a smile on my face for the rest of the day. I'm realizing that things like that are really special and i need to put them into my heart and cherish them.

Sometimes it seems like everything is just coming at me and it will never stop. I'm not talking about just bad things here but things in general. I have some amazing things happening in my life too. But I am starting to realize that the bad things will make me stonger and that God isn't finished with me yet. And the good things make it all worth it.



No comments: