Tuesday, September 14, 2004

my brother

When my brother and I were kids I don't think we did anything but fight. My mom would say that one day I would love my brother and we would be friends but I swore I would hate him forever. Well, it seems as though my mom was right. As my brother and I went into highschool we started to tolerate eachother. We had the same group of friends so we were forced to spend a lot of time together. As we grew older we became quite close. A little while ago I moved out for a year. I have sinced moved back home but he has been away at camp all summer. I actually found that I really miss him. He comes home for the weekend once in a while and I always look forward to it. He has become a really good friend. One of our favorite things to do together is drive around in his car with the music cranked singing at the top of our lungs. We like so many of the same things and we have some of the same friends as well. And one of the things I admire the most about him is that he can always make me laugh. Of course we have our "debates" but we've kind of agreed to disagree in certain areas. When I tell my mom that my brother is now one of my best friends she just looks at me and smiles. She always reminds me of when I would say I would hate him forever. And when she used to say that one day I would love him.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow Mel what a blessing that is. I wish my brothers and I were freinds.