Wednesday, August 04, 2004

friends

I went out to Maple Ridge today to hang out with one of my friends. We've been friends for a really long time and when we were little we were together all the time. If we had to be away from each other for any length of time it was torture. I haven't seen her a alot for the past couple of years but now we're starting to make more of an effort to get together. In a relationship, it doesn't matter what kind, if you don't make any kind of an effort to keep it together it will eventually die. I've been doing a lot of learning the past couple years. It's been difficult but definately worth it. I couldn't have learned the things I did any other way. Any friend that builds you up is definately worth your while. And sometimes there can be times when you maybe don't like your friends very much but that to will pass. I read this thing a long time ago that says something like this: some friends are there for a season to teach you something you need to learn or to help you through a tough spot and then there are friends that are there for a lifetime. It doesn't go exactly like that but maybe you'll get the point. I have many friends that are important to me and I hope that each and every one of them are life-time friends - but if they're not that's okay too.

1 comment:

Shannon George said...

hey i'm glad to see that you are opening up more... this blog had done wonders.... you're saying things you never would have before... yay... curly