Thursday, August 26, 2004

society

I've always thought it kinda dumb that in this society married women are never supposed to be good friends with a man. If there is nothing sexual about the relationship what harm can it do. Actually, I can't say I've always thought about it. Up until a couple of years ago I never really gave it much thought. But then it happened to me. One of my best friends is a guy. I love being with him, just talking and hanging out. But apparently, this is impossible without having sexual feelings for him. This is what society teaches us. I don't happen to agree with it at all. I have been riddiculed and even disowned because of this. The guy I am talking about has had to live with all this crap too. People have thrown Bible verses at us that supposidly tell us we are wrong. The funny thing is that these Bible verses don't have any thing to do with this situation. So it seems as though even God himself agrees with me. I don't want to ruin an amazing friendship just because everyone thinks it is the right thing to do. I refuse to! I have been thinking about this a lot the past year or so and last night I was out and this actually came up. And you know what.........every single person there agreed with me. It was amazing!!! My friends and I are not alone in feeling the way we do. Other people struggle with the same thing. If there was ever a tiny doubt in my mind it is definately gone now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How would the husband know if there was no sexual relations? Is it fair to the husband to have to his wife be with another man all the time?

How would you like it if you were married and your husband spent all his time with another woman? Did you ever think about that situation?